Born on Oahu, Hawaii
Now living in Aptos, CA with my wife of 25 years and business partner, Danielle Bostick. We have two sons: Ian Welles McCollum and David Bostick.
Education: 2 years of CommunityCollege - affected by the interest of surfing, skateboarding, skiing and playing music professionally, I quit school, hit the road and ended up learning the business world via playing music and owningand managing some skateboard/snowboard shops and eventually becoming Marketing Manager at Donner Ski Ranch in Tahoe. Along the way, I organized several snowboarding and skateboarding events that lead to being President of the National Skateboard Association and eventually the formation of World Cup Skateboarding and WCS Snowboarding which sanctions and organizes over 25 events a year involving skateboarding and snowboarding around the world.
- President/Director World Cup Skateboarding – 1993 to present
- 1st Vice President – International Skateboard Federation – 2004 – present
- Vice President – USA Skateboarding – 2004 - present
- Sport Organizer of Skateboarding for ESPN which include past and present: X Games, Asian X Games, Latin X Games, European X Games, X Games Mexico, B3 Series and Destination Extreme Series.
- Sport Organizer of Skateboarding for the AST Dew Action Sports Tour – NBC – 2005 to present.
- Competition Director - Maloof Money Cup 2008 - 2010
- Competition Director – Pro Tec Pool Party – 2004 – present
- Competition Director – GvR 2004 – 2008
- Competition Director – Oregon Trifecta – 2002 - present
- Competition Director – T-Mobile Event – Berlin, Germany 2007 - present
- Competition Director – World Championships Germany 1990 – 2005
- President National Skateboard Association 1989 – 93
- Manager Go Skate – 2 stores in Sacramento, CA 1985 – 1990
- Pro Slalom and Downhill racer – Santa Cruz Skateboards – 1977 – 82
- 1977– 1980 - Am Team Manager for Santa Cruz Skateboards – took the crew all over N. Cal for contests and once we rode in the 4th of July Parade at Mammoth Lakes.
- Owner – Skateboards Etc. – 1976 - 78
- 1975 - starting skating downtown Old Sacramento at Stoker Hill, with a crew and also at a backyard pool known as the N Bowl, which was the start of the N Men.
- 1974 – bought a board at Mervyns with the new Urethane wheels and started skating again. Month later bought a Bahne and toured Colorado with my band hitting up drainage ditches.
- 1967 – no more equipment available stopped skating
- 1965– no support from my parents and I missed the National Skateboarding Championships in Anaheim, CA. Did demos at the Sports and Boat Show at the Cow Palace in San Francisco.
- 1964– lived in Daily City, CA – had a crew known as the Wipe Outs, we skated all over the city. Best spots were Playland in Ocean Beach and also the parking lot at City College.
- 1962 – live on the San Francisco Naval Shipyard, home of Thrasher and Indy. Started skateboarding on steel wheels.
- President/Director WCS Snowboarding – 1993 – present
- Sport Organizer of the Winter Dew Tour 2008 - present
- Sport Organizer of Snowboarding events at the ESPN Winter X Games – 1995 -2009
- Inducted into the "Legends of Tahoe Snowboarding" 2008 at Donner Ski Ranch, CA.
- Competition Director of the Vans Tahoe Cup 2005 – 2007.
- Organizer member of the "Legends of Tahoe Snowboarding" event at Donner Ski Ranch, CA - 2005 to present.
- Competition Director of the World Superpipe Championships at Park City, UT – 2003 – present.
- Head Technical Supervisor – USASA Nationals – 2001 – present
- Competition Director of the Vans Snowboarding Triple Crown Series – 1999 – 2004
- Consultant ESPN Free Ride Tour 1999
- ISF certified Technical Supervisor – 1996 – 1999
- Created the North and South Tahoe Snowboard Series 1998
- President USASA – 1995 – 97
- Regional Director – Nor Cal/Nevada Snowboard Series 1992 – 98
- Marketing Director – Donner Ski Ranch, CA – 1993 – 98
- Head Judge California Snowboard Series 1987 – 90
- Head Judge – Ragen’ at the Ranch Snowboard Series 1887 – 92
- Competitor and Slalom National Champion – USASA Nationals 1988
- Judge – Subaru Snowboarding Championships – Tahoe 1986
- Competitor – Sierra Snowboarding Championships – Soda Springs, CA 1985
- First snowboard – Lonnie Toft Model – Sims – 1978 – Hiked the Tahoe area before snowboards were allowed on the lifts.
- Big Stick Surfing Association - Board of Directors Member 2010
- Seen on ABC News - At the Mavericks Surf Contest running with mountain bike from the tidal surge that injuried several people and destroyed the music stage and expo area. 2010
- Announcer " Log Jam Surf Contest, Pleasure Point, Santa Cruz, CA 2009
- Member Big Stick Surfing Association, Santa Cruz, CA 2009 - present
- Announcer " Log Jam" Surf Contest, Pleasure Point, Santa Cruz, CA 2009
- Member Capitola Surf Club " Usual Suspects" 2007 - present
- Witness Mavericks two weeks later on January 4, 2005 breaking with 50 to 60 foot faces.
- Witness the Eddie at Waimea Beach on the North Shore of Hawaii - Amazing! Sat 50 yards away from seeing the perfect 10 scored wave from Bruce Irons before he ate shit in the shore break, with a raised fist in the air right before the whole 12 foot wave crushed him. He ended up winning the event that day.
- Moved to Aptos, CA 2004 and pretty much surf every day there are waves. Still surfing with high school buddy, Gary DeGorio, who moved to Santa Cruz right after high school.
- Surfed on and off while getting more into skating and snowboarding through the 80's and 90's.
- First trip to Hawaii in 1973 - playing music at the Infinity Lounge in Waikiki for 3 months. Surfed every day, some big south swells that summer. Hanging with local, Andy Chew.
- Surfed Santa Cruz, Pedro Point and Bolinas all through my high school and junior college days
- Started board surfing at Kelly's Cove, San Francisco, CA - 1964
- Started mat surfing Crystal Pier, San Diego, CA at 10 years old in 1960